Table of Contents
What is Fat Transfer Breast Augmentation?
Fat transfer breast augmentation is a process in which fat is taken from other parts of the body by liposuction and injected into the breast.
This is one of the best techniques of breast augmentation because here no silicon is used and the breast looks completely natural. This technique is used to increase the breast size a little but naturally.
Fat transfer breast augmentation is a moderately new technique and new thought for us. Most of the women may not even hear it but its acceptability is high.
Why Should You Choose Fat Transfer Breast Augmentation?
You may wonder why should someone choose this method instead of other methods where you can increase your breast size much bigger. This is a good question, and we are here to answer that.
Fat Transfer Breast Augmentation Pros and Cons
- It is one of the safest breast augmentation methods.
- Minimal invasive
- Own body fat is being used so, there is no chance of autoimmune reaction.
- The breast would look natural
- There will not be any scar of the incision
- Long-lasting result
- As the extra fat is removed from other areas to inject into the breast, this method works as a passive body sculpting
- Low recovery time and no problem with pregnancy and breastfeeding.
The Risks and Complications
There are not many side effects of fat transfer breast augmentation. Some possible but very rare side effects or complications can be;
- Necrosis (death) of fat cells
- The possibility that some of the transferred fat cells will leave the breast area
Your surgeon may provide you tissue expansion therapy weeks before the procedure. This will enhance your result. After fat injection into the breasts, there may need touch-ups for getting ideal and your expected shape.
Best Candidate for Fat Transfer Breast Augmentation
There are few criteria for the ideal candidate for this technique. Criteria may include;
- If you are dissatisfied with the size of your breasts
- You don’t have any previous history of medical condition
- You want to increase the size of your breasts a little not much.
- You want natural look breast augmentation
- You hate silicon-based breast augmentation techniques
You should talk to your doctor about the options for breast augmentation. The doctor would recommend you the best method according to your expectations, medical history, and health status.
Read B Cup Breasts
You have to consult a plastic surgeon when you are thinking about fat transfer breast augmentation. There your doctor will examine your health condition, medical history, and breast condition as well.
Your doctor may ask you some questions about your expectation. Don’t hesitate to express exactly what you want. Otherwise, the result may not meet your expectations.
While reviewing your medical history, your doctor may ask you if there is any family member who has breast cancer. So if you already don’t know the answer, collect it before consulting a doctor.
During the physical examination, the doctor would examine your breast size, shape, condition. The doctor would note the size, shape, and position of your nipples and areola. These are routine examinations for breast augmentation.
If you are not sure that how much size increase you would get after the procedure, talk to your doctor. The doctor may suggest you some other method if you expectation don’t meet this procedure.
Mention every health detail to your doctor. If you have any drug allergy or anesthesia allergy, it’s better to mention it during the consultation period. Your doctor may advise you not to smoke or drink alcohol for some time before and after the procedure. Follow his/her instructions.
Make Sure Some Points
- The surgeon is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery
- The surgeon is an expert in plastic surgery
- How many fat transfer breast augmentation has the surgeon done.
- Where will the procedure gonna be done, is it in the surgeon’s chamber with a surgery facility or in a hospital? If in a hospital then where is it?
- You are a safe candidate for this procedure
- The duration of the procedure
- The recovery period and cost of the procedure
- Is there any chance of complication during pregnancy or breastfeeding after the procedure
- Make sure you have seen some fat transfer breast augmentation before and after photos done by the surgeon.
The Procedure of the Fat Transfer Breast Augmentation
The procedure is done in an outpatient surgery department. In this procedure, fat is removed from a part of the body such as the belly, thigh, buttock. Then the fat is injected into the breast. As the fat is from your own body, your body will naturally accept the cells and your breast would be a little bigger.
Steps of Fat Transfer Breast Augmentation
- The area from where the fat will be taken would be given a sedative and local anesthesia. A cannula rod will be inserted into and that would suck out the fat cells into a special container where the fat will be stored and processed. This process is called liposuction.
- After the fat cells are collected, they would be washed out to remove the unwanted blood cells and fluids. The antibiotics would be used to make sure the fat cells are completely uninfected and ready to inject.
- The surgeon would make tiny incisions in a different part of your breast and inject a small amount of fat in each area.
- After the injection is done, the incision will be closed by the surgeon.
After the procedure, you would be shifted to a post-operative or resting cabin to rest for while.
The Recovery from Fat Transfer Breast Augmentation
The total procedure may take 2-3 hours to complete. You won’t have to stay in the hospital for long. You would be shifted to the resting room for some period. After a few additional checkups you are ready to go home.
Make sure someone drives you to the hospital and he/she also takes you back to the home.
The recovery period is mainly for the incisions. As the incisions are very tiny, they won’t take much time to get recovered. Your initial recovery time is an average of 1-3 days. That means you can join your job after 3 days. The complete recovery may take weeks to months.
The doctor may prescribe you some medications (mostly for pains) and may give you some instructions for the recovery period. Make sure you take the medicines on time and follow the instructions point to point.
Read Butt Implants
This is the best point of this breast augmentation method. By this procedure, your breast can be shaped as you wanted. You’ll notice the result immediately after the procedure.
But for the ultimate result and flexibility, you may need to wait for weeks to months.
The result depends on how you followed the pre-procedure and post-procedure instructions. So you better not disobey them.
Fat Transfer Breast Augmentation Cost
According to the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) the average fee of a fat transfer breast augmentation is $3200.
It’s not the final cost. The final cost may include;
- The anesthesia fee
- The surgeon’s fee
- As this procedure is done in an outpatient surgery department, there won’t be much surgical facility fee
- Medications Fee
- Tests Fee
During the consultation ask the surgeon about the final cost of the fat transfer breast augmentation. The cost may vary with the health condition of the candidate too.
Fat Transfer Breast Augmentation Before and After
Fat Transfer Breast Augmentation Summary
Fat transfer breast augmentation is one of the safest methods of breast augmentation. Low recovery time, natural results, minimal side effects make it more acceptable to modern women. The cost is affordable and there is no need for multiple sessions.
There is also one more positive side of fat transfer breast augmentation is, some extra fat of your body will be removed to inject into the breast. So, you are getting a body sculpting session for free.
Make sure your expectations are not too high. Because by this method there will be a small increase of the size of your breasts.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Fat transfer breast augmentation how long does it last?
Fat transfer breast augmentation lasts forever. You may hear the breast implants lasts usually 10 years. But fat transfer helps to grow the breast naturally that’s why it’s permanent.
How much does fat transfer breast augmentation cost?
It depends on where you are doing it. According to the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) average cost for a fat transfer breast augmentation is $3200. This doesn’t include the anesthesia fee, medication cost etc.
Fat transfer breast augmentation how big can you go?
In this method, the fat is removed from other parts of the body and injected into the breast. This increases a small amount of volume of the breasts. This method increases the size of the breasts naturally. That’s why the increased volume won’t be as much as breast implants.
Last Updated on February 23, 2022 by Learn From Doctor Team